STAR is an interbank network and EFTPOS network in the United States. It is the largest American interbank network, with 2 million ATMs, 134 million cardholders and over 5,700 participating financial institutions. The STAR Network began in 1984 and was acquired by First Data Corporation in 2003. The network is owned and operated by STAR Networks, a subsidiary company of First Data.
The network has existed since the 1980s, and has since included several other networks, mostly in the 2000s:
- Cash Station
- Money Access Center (MAC)
- ^“For Consumers”. STAR.com. January 13, 2006. Retrieved July 18, 2013.
- ^“Fulton Financial Selects STAR Network as Primary ATM/Debit Network” (Press release). STAR.com. January 13, 2006. Archived from the original on September 25, 2006. Retrieved August 15, 2006.
- ^“About: History”. STAR.com. January 13, 2006. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- ^“Retailers”. STAR.com. Archived from the original on August 7, 2006. Retrieved August 16, 2006.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.