The Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund Company (SJIF) is a partnership between Saudi Arabia and Jordan, targeted at investing in infrastructure projects and other promising sectors in Jordan. The Company, a Limited Public Shareholding Company registered per the Jordan Investment Fund Law number 16 for 2016, is a long-term commitment to multi-asset investments in Jordan.
It aims at realizing economic returns, aligning with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, and creating a clear developmental impact in Jordan. The Company was formed in 2017 following a legislative and institutional process between Saudi Arabia and Jordan. The main shareholder of the Company is the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, which owns 90% of the Company’s share capital. The remaining 10% of the share capital is held by 16 Jordanian conventional and Islamic banks.
- ^“Jordan News Agency (Petra)”. petra.gov.jo. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
- ^“Saudi Arabia, Jordan to invest $705m in Aqaba railway project”. ArabianBusiness.com. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- ^“Saudi wealth fund targets real estate energy projects in Jordan”. bloomberg.com.
- ^“SJIF to invest in development projects worth billions of Dollars”. petra.gov.jo. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- ^“Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund showcases achievements and future plans”. zawya.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- ^“Saudi Jordanian investment fund reviews achievements plans”. jordantimes.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- ^“Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund (SJIF) Overview – infrapppworld”. infrapppworld.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.