The Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS) is a professional association dedicated to advancing the practice of risk management. It was founded in 1950, and is headquartered in Manhattan. It publishes the industry-focused Risk Management magazine.
RIMS represents more than 3,500 industrial, service, nonprofit, charitable and governmental entities. The Society serves more than 10,000 risk management professionals around the world. There are 79 chapters across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. 
The RIMS Risk Maturity Model is an online assessment tool for enterprise risk management (ERM). Developed in 2006, it has been recognized as a best practice framework by several National Organizations. Over 2,000 corporates and organizations have baselined their ERM maturity with the RIMS Risk Maturity Model.
Given appropriate experience and educational background, RIMS offers the certification RIMS-CRMP (RIMS Certified Risk Management Professional) and the professional designations CRM (Canadian Risk Management) and RF (RIMS Fellow); various intermediate designations are available via certification exams.
- ^“Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc”. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- ^“DHS adopts three business continuity standards”. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- ^“Response to Ontario Auto Insurance Five Year Review” (PDF). Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- ^“About RIMS”. RIMS. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- ^“Chapter Websites”. RIMS. Retrieved 2010-12-14.