Envestnet (NYSE: ENV) provides unified wealth management technology and products to financial advisors and institutions. Their flagship product is an advisory platform that integrates the services and software used by financial advisors in wealth management.
Envestnet was founded by Jud Bergman in 1999, with Bill Crager as co-founder. The company’s initial public offering of stock filed on the NYSE and went public on 28 July 2010. It priced at $9; at the bottom of the range of $9–$10. The major underwriters were Morgan Stanley (MS), UBS AG (UBS), and Barclays (BCS). The company raised $63M by selling 7 million shares
In 2012, Envestnet purchased Tamarac for $54 million.
In August 2015, Envestnet acquired Yodlee, a cloud-based data analytics company that provides account aggregation and various financial software, for $660 million. In the same year, Envestnet also acquired online investment platform Upside in February and financial-planning software provider Finance Logix in May. Envestnet stated that their main goal was to drive the acquisitions to provide a full suite of technology offerings for financial advisers.
In November 2017, the company introduced a redesigned Tamarac platform.
Bergman and his wife, 57-year-old Mary Miller, were killed on October 3, 2019, when a 34-year-old woman crashed her Volkswagen into the taxi they were riding on Highway 101 in San Francisco, California. The woman, 34-year-old Emilie Ross, and the taxi driver, 42-year-old Berkant Ramadan Ahmed, were also killed in the crash. Ross was allegedly under the influence of alcohol and driving on the wrong side of the highway. Crager took over as interim chief executive officer.
In December 2019, Envestnet entered an agreement with JPMorgan Chase to protect Chase’s customers’ financial data through an API.
In March 2020, Crager was named permanent CEO after serving as the interim CEO since October 2019.
- ^“Envestnet reports first quarter 2018 financial results”.
- ^“Envestnet Q1 earnings 2018 “.
- ^Malito, Alessandra. “Envestnet is the industry’s 800-pound tech gorilla”. www.investmentnews.com. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ^Renaissance Capital – IPO “Envestnet (ENV)”
- ^Shidler, Lisa (21 January 2013). “Top 12 Crucial Technology Happenings Affecting RIAs in 2012, Part 2”. United States: RIABiz. RIABiz LLC. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- ^ Jump up to:ab c Malito, Alessandra. “Envestnet acquires data-analytics and account-aggregation company Yodlee”. www.investmentnews.com. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ^“Envestnet buys fin-tech company Yodlee for $590 million”.
- ^ “Envestnet adds easier document storage to Tamarac”. www.investmentnews.com. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- ^Jud Bergman (1957–2019)
- ^4 die after wrong-way crash on San Francisco highway
- ^Envestnet CEO Jud Bergman, wife Mary Miller-Bergman killed in car accident
- ^“Envestnet founder and CEO Jud Bergman killed in automobile crash”. InvestmentNews. 2019-10-04. Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- ^“JPMorgan Chase, Envestnet l Yodlee Sign Agreement to Increase Customers’ Control of Their Data”. www.businesswire.com. 2019-12-05. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- ^“Envestnet names Bill Crager CEO”. sjo3ekt.js. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.