An emergency communications network is designed to provide reliable communications during an emergency.
The term may refer to a military network, such as:
- Ground Wave Emergency Network
- Minimum Essential Emergency Communications Network
Emergency communication networks may also be used for notifying the public of emergencies requiring action.
- NOAA Weather Radio
- Emergency Alert System
- Emergency Public Warning System
- National Severe Weather Warning Service
It also may refer to a network established by civil authorities, with or without volunteer help:
- Emergency communications center
- Amateur radio emergency communications
- Emergency communication system
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.