Bibby Financial Services (BFS) is a multinational corporation that provides financial services to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
The company is a subsidiary of the Liverpool-based Bibby Line Group, which was founded in 1807 by businessman, John Bibby (1775-1840). Bibby Line Group operates across a range of industries including shipping, retail, marine, offshore and distribution.
Bibby Financial Services was founded in 1982 during Sir Derek Bibby’s chairmanship of the Bibby Line Group, a post he held from 1969 until 1992.
For the first two years BFS was operated from the Bibby Line Group accounts department, before becoming a separate business entity.
The company has 19 UK offices with its headquarters located in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
BFS has more than 40 offices in 14 countries across Asia, Europe and America, including, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Canada, France, Germany, Poland, Ireland and the UK.
Bibby Financial Services today
In 2013, the business had a turnover of £170m. In November 2015 BFS announced that it was committing over £770m in funding to UK SMEs following a successful refinancing deal.
BFS announced in November 2017 that the company funded 81 new clients in Q3 of 2017. This provided $23.8M in commercial lending to small and medium-sized businesses in North America.
On November 6, 2017, the company announced it will provide a $3 million factoring facility for a manufacturer and distributor of organic salad dressings. The support form BFS will allow the manufacturer to increase production in order to meet the 400 percent sales increase projected for 2018.
- ^“Entrepreneurs raid savings for growth capital”. Telegraph. Retrieved March 2015. Check date values in: |accessdate= (help)
- ^“Bibby Line Group Companies”. Bibby Line Group. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- ^“Sir Derek Bibby, Bt”. Telegraph. Retrieved March 2015. Check date values in: |accessdate= (help)
- ^“Bibby Line Group Companies”. Bibby Line Group. Retrieved March 2015. Check date values in: |accessdate= (help)
- ^“Just how do you follow a star?”. The Sunday Times. Retrieved March 2015. Check date values in: |accessdate= (help)
- ^Bounds, Andrew; Editor, Enterprise (2015-11-10). “Bibby Financial strikes first private sector securitisation deal”. Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- ^“Bibby Financial Services Funds $23.8MM in Third Quarter – News | ABL Advisor”. www.abladvisor.com. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- ^“Growing Manufacturer Supported by Bibby Financial Services with $3M Factoring Facility”. www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.