Amundi Pioneer is the US investment headquarters of Amundi, the world’s 9th largest asset manager by assets under management (AUM).
Amundi Pioneer was formed in July 2017 when Amundi acquired Pioneer Investments, and established Amundi Pioneer Asset Management USA, Inc., headquartered in Boston. The predecessor firm, Pioneer Investments, was founded by Philip L. Carret in 1928.
In 2018 it was announced that in order to attract more millennial investors, Amundi Pioneer will increase its focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) factors, claiming that they will generally not invest in companies that make alcohol, tobacco products and “certain controversial military weapons,” nor those that operate casinos or coal mines.
Amundi Pioneer is headquartered in Boston, MA and has offices in Durham, NC, Miami, FL, and Chicago, IL. The parent company, Amundi has over 4,700 employees based in 37 countries.
- ^Svaluto Moreolo, Carlo (5 June 2019). “Top 400 Asset Managers: AUM grows 1% amid market volatility”. Investment & Pensions Europe. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- ^“UniCredit successfully concludes agreement to sell Pioneer Investments to Amundi”. UniCredit. 12 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- ^Smith, Geoff (12 February 2008). “Pioneer Investments Commemorates 80 Years in Asset Management With The Closing Bell® Ringing at New York Stock Exchange”. Business Wire. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- ^Ryan, Greg (5 June 2018). “Boston’s Amundi Pioneer makes bigger play for feel-good investors”. Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- ^Andermahr Sharp, Natacha (3 July 2017). “Amundi Combines Pioneer Investments and Amundi Smith Breeden to Launch Amundi Pioneer in the U.S.” Business Wire. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- ^“About Amundi Pioneer”. Amundi US Retail. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.